Monday, June 16, 2008

Inspired

I'm inspired by life, and the people who live.
I'm inspired by breakfast at dinner,
and by coffee and bagels served by indie hipster kids who need haircuts.
I'm inspired when I see a father be a father.
I look at my friends, and see their courage, and I'm inspired.
None of us have it figured out, but we sure want to.

I'm inspired when it rains, or when the sun shines bright,
and when the sun illuminates from behind the clouds at dusk.
I'm inspired by other peoples joys, and their sadness,
because it reminds me that we are all the same,
and that reality is bitter sweet.
I'm overjoyed at the smell of incense, or candles.
I love the way they light a room.

I love walks with my girlfriend, and talking about the past.
Thinking about history, and the great leaders of this country,
always moves me.
The lone man walking in the middle of the night down a dimly lit sidewalk
makes me feel peace,
as does the stray cat that wanders through my complex.

Organic foods and the sense of community found in my town
make me feel at home.
late nights in my truck playing on the computer remind me of
the early beginnings of a great relationship.
Passing by the gym makes me think of starting over.

Mostly, I'm inspired when I think about salvation, and how I am renewed through the blood of Jesus Christ. My chains are gone, and I've been set free. I pray to God and give him praise that he is the one true living God, and that I can call Him Father.

All of these things in one day...
Inspiration is everywhere, all you have to do is look.

No comments: